- We will have fun!!
- We start out with a hike plan but deviate from said plan quite a bit!
- We typically hike further than originally intended.
- We will pick blueberries. (and carry baggies with us whenever we set out!)
- We do challenge ourselves.
- Eating lunch at 10:00 am is quite alright!
- Butt hiking is a "perfecable" method of hiking. (perfecable is a combination of perfect and acceptable!)
- We are rewarded with views that make the climbs worth it!
- The three words we say most often are "cool", "wow", and "amazing"!!
- Some of us like going up better; some of us like going down better; some of us don't like heights. But, we all work together and help each other out when needed. That's what friends are for!!
The past few days, we have done a few more hikes including Gorham Mountain (twice!), Cadillac Cliffs, Head Path, Dorr Mountain, The Bowl, and Champlain Mountain.
|Cool rocks on Cadillac Cliffs trail|
|View on our way up to Gorham Mountain|
|Not too much wildlife on the trails but we do see the occasional bird or squirrel!.|
|Because I can!!!|
|Over looking Sand Beach from the Great Head Trail|
|Maine coast.....so cool and amazing!|
|The color of the skies against the evergreens and rocks is a sight to see.|
|Fog clouds rolling in the distance|
|Looking down from going up Dorr Mountain|
|Dan peeking out of the crevice|
|Bill, Sherry, and I in the crevice|
|Dan trying to convince Bill to take the Ladder Trail!|
|Going up the granite|
|Yep - we still need to go up!!|
|Whew - almost there!|
|Happy Hikers - Dorr Mountain summit|
Syl, Dan, David, Sherry, Bill, and I
|Hooked on hiking! |
|View from Dorr Mountain|
|Perfect spot for a rest!|
|I feel like I am on top of the world!|
|"The Bowl"....a pond near Beehive, Gorham, and Champlain Mountains|
|Beautiful blue sky..nope, we are not at the top of Champlain yet!|
|Dorr Mountain in the foreground; Cadillac Mountain in the background|
|Syl, Bill and Nancy taking in the views|
|Dan, Bill and Syl reviewing where we are going|
|Not so much! Bill and I will not be going on the Precipice Trail!|
When we stopped to pick blueberries, Bill struck up a conversation with a woman who was on her way up the Beechcroft Trail. She said she had to turn around from going down because the trail was too close to the cliff/ledge and she had a fear of heights. I could hear her and Bill talk but really wasn't paying them too much attention as I was too busy picking blueberries. Down we go.....
There were several places that I butt hiked. Sometimes you just got to do what you got to do! Most of the pictures that I take just don't seem to do the grade that we are climbing or descending justice. This one seems to do a good job....
That's Syl in the right hand side of the picture and Dan and Bill below. There was a series of switchbacks that we had to maneuver to get down to the bottom of the mountain.
Hiking at Acadia is just fantastic!!
Life is good!